Reception Team Leader
We are looking to welcome a reception team leader to our growing Reception team here at Flashpoint/Freedog Swindon.
As Head Receptionist, you will be responsible, alongside the Deputy Centre Manager, for the smooth running of reception as a whole. This includes serving customers face to face and all bookings for Flashpoint, Clip’n Climb and Freedog. You will be responsible for the reception team and the customer service they provide.
Job Title: Reception Team Leader
Location: Flashpoint/Freedog Swindon
Holiday: Accrued holiday allowance
Hours: Minimum of 90 hours per month, working a mixture of weekdays (including evenings) and weekends set out in a three-week rolling rota (working 1-2 weekends in every 3), ideal for someone looking for some variety and work-life balance
Our team is based in a massive facility providing family activities and a state of the art bouldering walls for all abilities.
The core products are Trampoline, Ninja Course and Clip’n Climb sessions and of course the bouldering wall where we run adult and kids sessions alongside regular open climbing.
We have invested a huge amount in the facilities and in the team and have seen a steady growth in our community since fully opening in 2019.
We are part of the “Flashpoint/Freedog Group” which have centre’s across the south of the UK. Which means there is a lot of opportunity to grow and collaborate with the other centres.
Our goal is to create a thriving community in which customers and staff are healthy and happy. If this sounds like somewhere you would like to work, read on…
Although this role requires a fair amount of admin time, the role also requires you to regularly work “on the floor” to provide a good example to the team, look for inefficiencies / improvements, maintain and develop relationships with regular customers and keep a “finger on the pulse” of the company.
Below is your basic job description. However, you will have regular meetings with your line manager to allocate further responsibilities and targets to move the company forward through the year and to evolve the offers, products and services we provide over time.
For this position the line manager is the Deputy Centre Manager
Specific Areas of Responsibility
- Work with the Deputy Centre Manager to train and moderate staff on Rock Gym Pro and their Reception Role
- Establish and maintain a professional, clean and tidy “face” to reception
- Ensure admin is taken care of diligently and correctly
- Ensure all customers have the correct paper trail (waivers, group forms, minor forms etc)
- Main point of contact for large bookings (schools, scouts, etc)
- To create bookings that are out of the usual schedule, to hand to the Deputy Centre Manager for invoicing
- Search for efficiencies within the bookings system
- Ensure the teams are aware of large bookings and parties for the following weeks
Responsible for the smooth running of parties including:
- Ease of booking
- Pre-party organisation (party packs, staffing and pre-party info)
- Quality of party hosting
Customer Service and Branding
- Bring the customer service policy to life
- Ensure reception staff you are working inline with the customer service policy
- Cultivate a friendly, welcoming and professional culture based on this policy
Manage the current membership system including:
- Point of contact for customers
- Ensure simple set up procedures
- Ensure clear communication of benefits
And any other duties that are deemed appropriate by the Centre and Deputy Centre Manager.
- Ability to provide examples of excellent customer service in previous roles
- A friendly and professional attitude
- Ability to clearly communicate with line manager, and other members of the team
- Willing to be part of a team and work hard
- Computer literate and skilled using emails
- A high standard of emailing writing and customer service over the phone, communicating clearly and politely.
- Logic and problem solving skills
- A high standard of personal hygiene with a neat and tidy appearance
- Able to use a computer to keep track of any updates and emails sent from the team
- A flexibility as to when you can work
Desired Skills and Knowledge
- Previous experience working in the climbing/ trampolining / leisure facility
- Experience using Rock Gym Pro booking system or similar booking system
- An interest in trampolining, climbing or generally being active and energetic
Perks of the job
- Free climbing and activities for you and a plus one (including sister sites)
- Flexible working hours
- Staff discounts in the cafe and activities.
- Our sister sites at Freedog/Flashpoint Bristol and Redpoint Bristol climbing centre mean you really would be joining a big family!
- We are passionate about supporting our staff in professional development. We will endeavour to help you learn and grow within your role and the expanding business.
- Working with a friendly team in an inspiring environment!
- Paid breaks
Application deadline: 9th August
Interviews: 17th and 18th August 2021
Start date: Immediate start
Please email a cover letter explaining why you would like to work for Freedog Swindon and a CV containing your experience and skills to email@example.com
If you have any questions regarding this application or if you may need additional support with the application/interviews, please do get in touch.