We are looking for a Marketing Manager to join our team
Are you an outgoing individual who is looking to work in a creative, adventurous and friendly environment? We are looking for a Marketing Manager to join our existing team who can create a brand new marketing strategy for our group of climbing and activity centres. We want to hit the ground running in 2021!
We opened Redpoint in 2013 as a passionate group of climbers who want to pass on this love to those in Bristol and the surrounding area. Although climbing remains our specialist product, we have since expanded into another two major venues and diversified the activities we offer enabling the whole family to take part. Each centre also has a cafe which serves fresh and local food and drinks to our whole range of customers, this helps us to compliment the community feel of our centres which is so important to us.
Why work for us?
This is an opportunity to bring your expertise and have ownership of a project which will be varied and exciting.
We devote a lot of time and care to supporting our staff and providing opportunities whenever we can to create an environment which is enjoyable to both work and play in – you would be joining the family!
How the role sits within the organisation
You will work with the Senior management team, CEO and Owner who will initially be your direct line manager.
You will be directly responsible for managing the Content Manager and site-specific Social Media Officers.
You will work closely with external agencies which provide SEO and digital marketing support.
40 hours per week
Flexible working options available
Holiday entitlement 28 days per year including bank holidays
You will work across all our sites:
- Redpoint Bristol
- Freedog/Flashpoint Bristol
- Freedog/Flashpoint Swindon
Monday 16th December 2020
December 2020 /January 2021
1st February 2021
Between £25,000-£30,000 per annum depending on experience.
Responsibility and duties
- You will work with the Owner and CEO to ensure the Marketing Strategy is in line with our organisational objectives.
- To create a Marketing Plan for each of our Strategic Business Units and communicate this with the team
- Inform future investment decisions and opportunities when it comes to developing our products and services into new markets.
- Identify key target market segments for each SBU and help to adjust our products to fit their needs more effectively.
- Communicate effectively with our existing and potential customers about the benefits of our products and services. This may include local businesses, schools and organisations.
- Listen and react to customer feedback.
- To manage the Content Manager and site specific Social Media Officers to create promotional content, social media campaigns which uphold the brand image and deliver the Marketing Plan.
- To work with the Content Manager and external agencies, including Facebook and instagram advertising keeping content fresh, up to date and looking professional.
- SEO monitoring
- Assess the success of campaigns using information gathered via our booking system, mailchimp, social media and similar.
- Able to demonstrate (with examples) previous marketing experiences/campaigns/strategies and plans
- Worked in a team where you were responsible for managing and motivating others
- To be able to produce your own examples of marketing plans setting out costs and expected return.
- Ability to travel to each of the centres (Bristol and Swindon)
- Experience or interest in climbing/leisure industry
- Understanding and experience of working in a similar size business at this level
- Ideally educated to degree level in Marketing and/or Media-based discipline and/or professional qualification in Marketing or Digital Marketing (e.g. CIM )
- Demonstrate creativity when it comes to creating new ideas and promotions.
- Technical knowledge of setting up and running Social Media adverts
- Experience with SEO
- Prior experience using WordPress
It is important to us that our team understands in detail the products and people who visit our activity centres, we therefore (where practical) encourage “on the ground” visits to the centres to work with the staff and see our products in action, however working from home is possible on occasion. We work to strict covid secure guidelines in all our centres.
How to apply
Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by Monday 16th December 2020