We are looking to welcome a new crew member to our growing Duty Manager team here at Freedog/Flashpoint Swindon. Our Duty Manager team are an integral part in creating a memorable experience for every customer that walks through our door. As a Duty Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the safety of all customers, maintaining the centre’s facilities and providing excellent customer service.
Job Title – Duty Manager/Receptionist
Location – Freedog/Flashpoint Swindon
Hours – 90hrs minimum per month
Hours will be across weekdays and weekends both daytimes and evenings and set out in a three-week rolling rota pattern. Working 2 weekends in every three on average. Opportunities for additional hours are available.
Holiday: Accrued holiday allowance (based on actual working hours)
The Flashpoint Group is currently made up of multiple activity centres across Bristol, Swindon Swansea with a speciality in indoor climbing. The site in Swindon consists of Freedog (a Trampoline Park), Clip’nClimb (a fun, kids focused climbing activity) and Flashpoint (a world class bouldering wall).
Our mission is to encourage growth through community and challenge. We want to create a thriving community by ensuring a friendly, welcoming and professional environment for all customers and staff. We create a fun and challenging environment in which customers can progress through the variety of activities we offer, there’s something for everyone!
Does this sound like the place for you?
We are looking to welcome a new crew member to our Duty Manager team here at Freedog/Flashpoint Swindon. Our Duty Manager team are an integral part in creating a memorable experience for every customer that walks through our door. They are responsible for ensuring the safety of all customers, maintaining the centre’s facilities and providing excellent customer service.
As we are open everyday of the week we are looking for someone who is able to work a minimum of 90 hours per month across weekdays including evenings and weekends set out in a three-week rolling rota. The role is ideal for someone looking for variety, work-life balance and to be part of a growing community . You are likely to be able to top up your hours with other shifts outside of your standard rota. As you will be trained to work on all departments within the centre.
Although some experience in the leisure/climbing industry is preferred, we would be willing to provide training to the right person if they should apply. We are passionate about supporting our team and their professional development. You will be trained across all activities and departments, and be responsible for the smooth running of the centre when you are on shift.
You will report directly to, and have support from, the Centre Manager.
- Excellent customer service
- Experience working in a fast paced role
- Computer literate
- Friendly and professional attitude
- Able to communicate clearly and politely, verbally and in writing
- A desire to work hard and be part of a team
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs grades A-C
- Ability to lead a team and lead by example
- Must be friendly and outgoing
- Ability to prioritise and delegate tasks
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
- Experience as a Duty Manager
- Personal climbing experience
- Climbing Qualifications (CWI or relevant experience)
- Knowledge of freedog’s products and services
- Experience working in a leisure facility
- First aid qualification
Specific Areas of Responsibility
- Have extensive knowledge of all Freedog’s products and services
- Responsible for the day to day running of the centre, ensuring a smooth operation
- Deal with low level customer complaints
- Responsible for keeping the centre aesthetically pleasing
- Lead the team in the setup and cleaning of the centre.
- Responsible for opening and closing the building (Key holder).
- Cashing up tills and counting floats
- Carrying out opening and closing checks
- Assisting managers with additional tasks
- Deal with accidents in a professional manner
- Organise crew breaks
- Utilise/Take charge of the building’s Emergency Accident Procedure should an incident occur
Application deadline: – 17th August 2022
Interviews : Week commencing 22nd August 2022
Ideal start date: ASAP
Please send a CV and Covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org