Cafe Crew Member
Job Title – Cafe Crew Member
Location – Freedog/Flashpoint Swindon Cafe
Hours – Min 30 hours per week across weekdays and weekends set out in a three-weekly rolling rota pattern. Opportunities for additional hours if cover is required.
Holiday: Accrued holiday allowance
We are looking to invite a new member of the Cafe Crew to our growing team here at Freedog Swindon.
Our mission is to provide delicious food and drink to our customers who come to use our facilities, whether that is trampolining, parties, clip and climb or to use our brand new state of the art climbing wall. This is a great opportunity for an individual who would like to work with a friendly team, in an inspiring environment with opportunities for progression within the team.
As we are open everyday of the week we are looking for an individual who is able to work 30 hours per week across weekdays and weekends set out in a three-weekly rolling rota, ideal for someone looking for some variety and work-life balance.
Although some experience is preferred we would be willing to provide training to the right person if they should apply, we are passionate about supporting our team and their professional development.
You will report directly and have support from the Cafe Manager and Centre Manager
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide a friendly service while taking orders and processing payments
- Prepare and serve high quality drinks and food in a timely and efficient manner
- Keeping the kitchen, bar, tables and party rooms clean, neat and tidy at all times
- Preparing party food orders so that they are ready for when customers finish their activities
- Assist the team in the setup and cleaning of the centre
- Extensive knowledge of all Freedog’s products and services
- Go the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction and enjoyment
- Ability to provide examples of excellent customer service in previous roles
- Experience working in a cafe or kitchen environment
- Barista experience
- A friendly and professional attitude
- Willing to be part of a team and work hard
- A high standard of personal hygiene with a neat and tidy appearance
- Passionate about delicious food and drink
- Able to use a computer to keep track of any updates and emails sent from the team
Desired skills and knowledge
- Ability to use a till system
- Knowledge of food safety guidelines
- Level 2 Food hygiene qualification
- Allergens qualification
- An interest in trampolining, climbing or generally being active and energetic
Perks of the job
- Our sister sites at Freedog/Flashpoint Bristol and Redpoint Bristol climbing centre mean you really would be joining a big family!
- We will try our best to help you learn and grow within your role and the expanding business
- Free climbing and activities for you and a plus one
- Flexible working hours
- Staff discount
- Working with a friendly team in an inspiring environment!
Application deadline: 14th August
Interviews: Due to Covid-19 measures these may be via Zoom – TBC
Start date: Late August
Please email a cover letter explaining why you would like to work for Freedog Swindon and a CV containing your experience and skills to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions regarding this application or if you may need additional support with this application or interviews please do get in touch.