Activities Crew Member
The Flashpoint Group is currently made up of multiple activity centres across Bristol and Swindon with a speciality in indoor climbing. The site in Swindon consists of Freedog (a Trampoline Park), Clip’nClimb (a fun, kids focused climbing activity) and Flashpoint (a world class bouldering wall).
We finished off the majority of the works in late 2019 and had a very promising start to 2020. While lockdown stalled progress, we have put in place systems to make sure our customers and staff are safe and supported. Our sessions are starting to fill up and we are confident of a positive 2021.
We want to create a thriving community in which customers and staff are healthy and happy. If this sounds like somewhere you would like to work, read on…
Job Title – Activities Crew Member
Location – Flashpoint/Freedog Swindon
Holiday: Accrued holiday allowance
Hours: 90 hours per month
We are looking to welcome a new crew member to join our growing team here at Flashpoint/Freedog Swindon. Our activities/instructing crew are an integral part in creating a memorable experience for every customer that walks through our door. They are responsible for ensuring the safety of all customers, maintaining the centre’s facilities and providing excellent customer service.
This role predominantly involves instructing Clip ‘n Climb sessions, along with some work in our trampoline park and coaching opportunities in our bouldering centre for individuals with the right aptitude and experience. Although some experience in the leisure/climbing industry is preferred, this is not essential as we will provide training on how to run our sessions to a high standard.
As weekends and holidays are our busiest times, we are looking for someone who is able to work 2 in 3 weekends and some weekdays, set out in a three-week rolling rota. This is ideal for students or someone looking for some flexibility in working hours.
You will be supported by, and report directly to, the Head Coach and Centre Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Enforcing the centre rules effectively and politely whilst monitoring/instructing
- Safely and effectively leading Clip ‘n Climb sessions, trampoline sessions and Flashpoint kids/taster sessions (experience permitting)
- Ensuring the safety of our customers at all times
- Aiding the operations manager in any maintenance work around the centre
- Performing regular checks on the equipment to ensure they are safe to use
- Carrying out first aid when needed
- Excellent customer service skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with all ages and abilities
- Enthusiastic, friendly and professional attitude
- A desire to work hard and be part of a team
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs grades A-C
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
- Experience in the climbing industry, specifically instructing/coaching
- Knowledge of Flashpoint/Freedog’s products and services
- First aid at work level qualification
Perks of the job
- Free climbing and activities for you and a plus one (including sister sites)
- Flexible working hours
- Staff discounts in the cafe and activities.
- Our sister sites at Freedog/Flashpoint Bristol and Redpoint Bristol climbing centre mean you really would be joining a big family!
- We are passionate about supporting our staff in professional development. We will endeavour to help you learn and grow within your role and the expanding business.
- Working with a friendly team in an inspiring environment!
Application deadline: Friday 24th September 2021
Interviews: Week commencing 27th September 2021
Start date: ASAP
Please email a cover letter explaining why you would like to work for Freedog Swindon and a CV containing your experience and skills to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions regarding this application or if you may need additional support with the application/interviews, please do get in touch.