We are looking to welcome a new activities crew member to join our growing team here at Flashpoint/Freedog Swindon.
Our mission is to provide unique trampolining and climbing experiences to all ages in the community through our extensive trampoline park, ninja course, Clip ‘n Climb facility and state of the art bouldering wall. Our activities crew are an integral part in creating a memorable experience for every customer that walks through our door. They are responsible for ensuring the safety of all customers, maintaining the centre’s facilities and providing excellent customer service.
As weekends and holidays are our busiest times, we are looking for someone who is able to work 2 in 3 weekends and some weekdays (especially during school holidays), set out in a three-week rolling rota. This is ideal for students or someone looking for some flexibility in working hours.
Although some experience in the leisure/climbing industry is preferred, this is not essential as we will provide training on how to run our activities to a high standard. We are passionate about supporting our team and their professional development; so, there may be opportunities for individuals with the right aptitude and experience to join our Flashpoint coaching team.
You will be supported by, and report directly to, the Head Coach and Centre Manager.
Job Title – Activities Crew Member
Location – Flashpoint/Freedog Swindon
Holiday: Accrued holiday allowance
Hours: 30 hours per month (weekends and school holidays)
Responsibilities and Duties
- Enforcing the centre rules effectively and politely whilst monitoring/instructing
- Ensuring the safety of our customers at all times
- Ensuring safety briefings are conducted correctly and punctually
- Aiding the operations manager in any maintenance around the centre
- Performing regular checks on the equipment to ensure they are safe to use
- Carrying out first aid when needed
- Excellent customer service skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with all ages and abilities
- Enthusiastic, friendly and professional attitude
- A desire to work hard and be part of a team
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs grades A-C
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of Flashpoint/Freedog’s products and services
- Experience working in the leisure/climbing industry
- First aid at work level qualification
Perks of the job
- Free climbing and activities for you and a plus one (including sister sites)
- Flexible working hours
- Staff discounts in the cafe and activities.
- Our sister sites at Freedog/Flashpoint Bristol and Redpoint Bristol climbing centre mean you really would be joining a big family!
- We are passionate about supporting our staff in professional development. We will endeavour to help you learn and grow within your role and the expanding business.
- Working with a friendly team in an inspiring environment!
Application deadline: Monday 4th August 2021
Interviews: Week commencing 9th August 2021
Start date: Week commencing 25th August 2021
Please email a cover letter explaining why you would like to work for Freedog Swindon and a CV containing your experience and skills to email@example.com
If you have any questions regarding this application or if you may need additional support with the application/interviews, please do get in touch.