Reception Crew Member
We are looking to welcome a new crew member to our growing Reception team here at Freedog Swindon.
Our mission is to provide top class trampolining, and climbing to the wider community using our extensive trampoline facility and brand new state of the art Bouldering Wall and Clip ‘n Climb. At reception we aim to create a friendly and welcoming environment from the very moment someone walks through the door so that each customer feels excited to return and to bring their friends and family.
As we are open every day of the week we are looking for an individual who is able to work 30 hours per week across weekdays and weekends set out in a three-weekly rolling rota, ideal for someone looking for some variety and work-life balance.
Although some experience is preferred we would be willing to provide training to the right person if they should apply, we are passionate about supporting our team and their professional development.
You will report directly and have support from the Deputy Centre Manager.
Job Title – Reception Crew Member
Location – Freedog/Flashpoint Swindon
Hours –Min 30 hours per week across weekdays and weekends set out in a three-weekly rolling rota pattern. Opportunities for additional hours if cover is required.
Holiday: Accrued holiday allowance
Pay: £7.50-£8.72 depending on age.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Being first friendly point of contact for customers coming to use the centre
- Have knowledge of all Freedog’s products and services to ensure customers are advised of the right product for their needs
- Booking customers in and ensuring a smooth process during their check in
- Answering the phone and emails and responding to customer queries and questions in a timely and informative manner
- Ensure customers fill out the correct legal documentation prior to their activity
- Responsible for keeping reception and working areas clean and tidy
- Welcome and organise parties and groups coming in to use the centre
- Assist the team in the set-up and to maintain high levels of cleanliness in the centre.
- Ability to provide examples of excellent customer service in previous roles
- A friendly and professional attitude
- Willing to be part of a team and work hard
- Computer literate and skilled using emails
- Able to communicate clearly and politely, verbally and in writing
- A high standard of personal hygiene with a neat and tidy appearance
- Able to use a computer to keep track of any updates and emails sent from the team
Desired Skills and Knowledge
- Previous experience working in the climbing/ trampolining / leisure facility
- Experience using Rock Gym Pro booking system or similar booking system
- An interest in trampolining, climbing or generally being active and energetic
Perks of the job
- Our sister sites at Freedog/Flashpoint Bristol and Redpoint Bristol climbing centre mean you really would be joining a big family!
- We will try our best to help you learn and grow within your role and the expanding business.
- Free climbing and activities for you and a plus one (including sister sites)
- Flexible working hours
- Staff discounts in the cafe and activities.
- Working with a friendly team in an inspiring environment!
Application deadline: 30th December 2020
Interviews: 12th-21st January 2021
Start date: January 2021
Please email a cover letter explaining why you would like to work for Freedog Swindon and a CV containing your experience and skills to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions regarding this application or if you may need additional support with this application or interviews please do get in touch.