Reception Crew Member – Weekends and School Holidays
We are looking to welcome a new crew member to our growing Reception team here at Freedog Swindon.
Our mission is to provide top class trampolining, and climbing to the wider community using our extensive trampoline facility and brand new state of the art Bouldering Wall and Clip ‘n Climb.
Job Title – Reception Crew Member – Weekends and School Holidays
Location – Flashpoint/Freedog Swindon
Holiday: Accrued holiday allowance
Hours: 0 Hour contract moving to 30 hours per month toward Autumn
Applicants must be over 17yrs of age to apply.
Our team is based in a massive facility providing family activities and a state of the art bouldering walls for all abilities.
The core products are Trampoline, Ninja Course and Clip’n Climb sessions and of course the bouldering wall where we run adult and kids sessions alongside regular open climbing.
We have invested a huge amount in the facilities and in the team and have seen a steady growth in our community since fully opening in 2019.
We are part of the “Flashpoint Group” which have centre’s across the south of the UK. Which means there is a lot of opportunity to grow and collaborate with the other centres.
Our goal is to create a thriving community in which customers and staff are healthy and happy. If this sounds like somewhere you would like to work, read on…
At reception we aim to create a friendly and welcoming environment from the very moment someone walks through the door so that each customer feels excited to return and to bring their friends and family.
As we are open every day of the week we are looking for an individual who is able to work minimum 30 hours per month mainly working at weekends set out in a three-week rolling rota (working 1-2 weekends in every 3), ideal for someone looking for some variety and work-life balance.
Although some experience is preferred, we would be willing to provide training to the right person if they should apply. We are passionate about supporting our team and their professional development.
You will report directly and have support from the Deputy Centre Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Being first friendly point of contact for customers coming to use the centre
- Have knowledge of all Flashpoint and Freedog’s products and services to ensure customers are advised of the right product for their needs
- Booking customers in and ensuring a smooth process during their check in
- Answering the phone and emails and responding to customer queries and questions in a timely and informative manner
- Ensure customers fill out the correct legal documentation prior to their activity
- Responsible for keeping reception and working areas clean and tidy
- Welcome and organise parties and groups coming in to use the centre
- Assist the team in the set-up and to maintain high levels of cleanliness in the centre.
- Ability to provide examples of excellent customer service in previous roles
- A friendly and professional attitude
- Willing to be part of a team and work hard
- Computer literate and skilled using emails
- Able to communicate clearly and politely, verbally and in writing
- A high standard of personal hygiene with a neat and tidy appearance
- Able to use a computer to keep track of any updates and emails sent from the team
- A flexibility as to when you can work
Desired Skills and Knowledge
- Previous experience working in the climbing/ trampolining / leisure facility
- Experience using Rock Gym Pro booking system or similar booking system
- An interest in trampolining, climbing or generally being active and energetic
Perks of the job
- Free climbing and activities for you and a plus one (including sister sites)
- Flexible working hours
- Staff discounts in the cafe and activities.
- Our sister sites at Freedog/Flashpoint Bristol and Redpoint Bristol climbing centre mean you really would be joining a big family!
- We are passionate about supporting our staff in professional development. We will endeavour to help you learn and grow within your role and the expanding business.
- Working with a friendly team in an inspiring environment!
Application deadline: 2nd August 2021
Interviews: Week commencing 9th August 2021
Start date: Immediate start
Please email a cover letter explaining why you would like to work for Freedog Swindon and a CV containing your experience and skills to email@example.com
If you have any questions regarding this application or if you may need additional support with this application or interviews please do get in touch.